Sunday, October 08, 2006

Today's soundtrack



I will forever associate The Psychedelic Furs' self-titled debut album with Mike, my junior year roommate in college. He used to play this album all the time when he was in a good mood, like before a date, or on a Friday night after a major exam. I lost track of Mike the summer after we graduated. The last time I saw him was in June or July of '91. We met for drinks at a local dive bar, and he told me this story about how, just the week before, he had met this Australian woman at the bar of the Westin Hotel in Copley Place, and impulsively rented a luxury room there after they'd had a few drinks because they couldn't wait to tear each other's clothes off. He also told me how the Aussie bird, after a mind-blowing go in the sack, offered to call her female traveling companion and have her come over for Round Two. Mike chickened out and turned down the offer... we both agreed that he had blown a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and Mike lamented how, in retrospect, he should have done it, especially given the price of the room! I went home that evening wondering what a menage a trois with two beautiful and horny Australian women might be like. I never saw Mike again, but I think of him - and horny women from down under! - everytime I hear this album...

No comments: