Monday, September 12, 2005

Let Them Eat Cake!

So, I've been out of commission for a little while (long Labor Day weekend and then insane work schedule the following week), and so much has happened since I last was able to read the news, it's hard to know where to begin. I guess I'll go the easy route with my favorite quote so far from the whole Katrina tragedy/fiasco.

For those of you who still think that wealthy politicians and their families care about the low income folks of this country, Barbara Bush, in her usual Marie-Antoinette style, reminded us that at the end of the day, we're just peasants to her.

Here's what her majesty said:

"What I'm hearing, which is sort of scary, is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. … And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them."
-- Former first lady Barbara Bush about Katrina evacuees housed in the Houston Astrodome

Yeah. This whole hurricane/flood/destruction/starvation/death thing has been working *really* well for those folks...

Sigh.

No comments: